Thursday, May 7, 2009

Morning Whiting Fishing at Changi

Location: Changi beach
Date:07 May 09

Tide:

07May09 0401 0.6
07May09 1022 2.6
07May09 1622 0.9
07May09 2200 2.7

After my morning breakfast, i rode my bike to Changi for some Whiting Fishing. The high tide was at around 10am in the morning and i have just enough time to do some preparation on the bait for my fishing. The favorite food for my today's target is infact the sea worm hiding in the sand bed. This juicy fat worms is pretty easy to catch and within an hour, i have a handful of worms just enough for my Whiting fishing. Seriously, looking at these lovely worms, it indeed remind me of my wife's swearing and saying that she will never ever sit on the beach ever again.....so disgusting! Does anyone have the same sentiment?


Juicy Worm anyone?

Without further a do, i quickly setup my light tackle to see if this freshly caught bait really works. Straight away on my first cast, a pull was felt immediately and target was set. Comparing to my last trip, today's Whiting are much bigger in size and one could really felt the struggle on the other end.


First bite of the day


Another big one


Had a good fight with this whiting

After spending almost 2 hours, the Whiting were not biting as the tide was low and the weather was really hot which i could hardly fish anymore.


Total catch

Overall, its a fun trip for me just spending a few hours on the beach doing my fishing rather than stressing myself on my work. Most importantly, it more than enough time spending this few hours to relax myself enjoying the sun, the sand and the sea.