Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fruitless Luring trip at Bedok Reservoir

Date: 10th June 2008
Location: Bedok Reservoir (Legal fishing site)
Catch: A big Dinosaur Egg

After sleeping from 10am till 3pm after a tiring night shift, really need some motivation. As i could't bring myself to sleep , decided to have a fishing session somewhere nearby. Since i have not done freshwater luring for quite sometime, luring at Bedok Reservoir will be a good choice.

As i'm quite new to this reservoir and i have never done any luring/fishing in this area, it will be a good try out for me. Usually, i would drive to fish but recently, i just bought a class 2A motorcycle meant for my fishing trip, it will be a good travelling distance to warm up my bike since i have not use it for around 3 days.









I arrived at Bedok Reservoir road roughly around 4pm and had spent some time finding a sheltered parking lot near the SS supermarket. With my gears, i started searching for the fishing jetty for nearly 15 minutes for the legal fishing site. Finally, then i came to know that the fishing spot is quite far away from where i am..... Seriously, i almost decided to give up searching for the Jetty. Immediately, i ride my way to my destination to prevent wasting my golden opportunity on catching my prize fish. Hehehe....no matter what, i got to wet my line.





After reaching the Jetty, i can see some Uncle doing their fishing at the Jetty as well. They seems to be using live baits which is illegal and its a no..no as it will pollute the water in this area (Drinking water). Only artificial baits are allowed to be used in our local reservior. Got to be more considerate for other people as well as for yourself.






At the Jetty, I can see a couple of juvenile Peacock Bass swimming around and the bigger ones are roughly around palm size. Moreover, i can see some surface action at the wafer but every cast is a disappointment. It seems that no fish were interested with my lures. For this Fishing session, i used my 2 River2Sea lures (Humbug)and a Cultiva pencil to try out this spot. Sadly, No bite at all!!! Hence, no chance for me to post my catch today.






Nevertheless, i will once again give it another try luring at this nice fishing spot or maybe gather my luring kakis to fish here. Believe me,I'll be back soon.....:)