Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fishing- Part of my Life

I have been fishing with my dad since year 1990 and everytime it has indeed giving me lots of satisfactory as well as sweet memories. Moreover, it has been giving me all sorts of surprises since day one and i strongly believes that "Life is like a Deep Blue Sea, you never know what you gonna get". My very first fishing experience in East Coast Park at the beach was a mess for both me and my dad as we have zero experience in fishing with the gears. Luckily, we met a malay uncle whom guided us on using the gears and tying the knots correctly. Although without much experience, we still manage to catch an Ikan Duri (Salt water catfish) on that day. Since then, both me and my dad will go fishing in every part of Singapore where we all know of during the weekends. Our passion for this hobby grows and one fine day, my dad bought a 12ft Porta-boat in year 2002 with a 5hp Mercury outboard motor which cost ard S$6000 in total. Our favorite boat fishing spot is in Changi, Telok Blangah and Tuas and everytime is a fruitful trip for both of us. In year 2005, my dad had sold off the boat due to under-utilised as well as having problem in transporting it. Well, although without our small boat, my passion towards fishing is still as strong as ever and it has already becoming part and parcel of my life. No matter what, i would like to share my joy and my best moment with my love ones and also hopefully when i have my own child, i will present this blog to my children and share my vast experience with them.