Monday, December 5, 2011

My new gift, New Okuma Offshore Bait-casting reel


Yesterday, got a call from my Ex-colleague who has been station in USA for the past few years saying that he has been transfer to Singapore for few months on his company project. Since he is free,he asked me if i'm interested for a cup of coffee nearby my place. Since i have nothing much to do beside being a nanny for my newborn, and have granted permission by wifey to be away for a few hours, its a good opportunity for me to relax myself as well. After chatting for nearly an hour at a nearby Coffeeshop, my friend went to his car and brought me a gift which he got it from USA. I opened out the bag and its was a Okuma fishing reel and some newborn baby stuff. Was told that Okuma is quite popular in USA and the new range of reel manufactured by Okuma is pretty solid reel to own. I have read some review on this reel and most of the reviews are positive towards Okuma. After some research on the web, the main reason behind this is because Tiburon USA has delivered their secret recipe on making a good offshore reel for Okuma and hence, the new range of reels produce are highly promising stuff. After holding on the Okuma Cortez CZ-10CS on my hand and play with it for nearly 15 minutes, my comment on this reel is that Okuma has something to proof to Daiwa and Shimano that they are coming back strongly to take back their market share. Even though CZ-10CS is not the top of the range, it is comparable to Shimano Torium or even Daiwa Saltist. So, will this Okuma Cortez  win back the market share for budget offshore reel, time will tell.